Wednesday, April 21, 2021

GARLIC AS AN ANTIBIOTIC


 Hey guys, Nericia here with another in the series of how garlic helps me and my family. 

Garlic is known for its antibiotic properties.

By now everyone who has read my post would have figured by now that I really like garlic and its health benefits. So it helps me sleep comfortably, it lowered my high blood pressure and I now have an example of how it helped to clear a lot of cold from my son's chest.

Christiano was a vibrant two-year-old, he is my third child and my baby. He loved to use his little hands to draw things from the dresser and loved putting things in his mouth. He loved cold beverages. Instead of waking up and wanting tea, he would always prefer juice. It seemed like he did not like heated or warmed things one bit as I always had to force him to drink porridge or any other warm substances. As soon as he got juice or drink he would drink it all off. Most times he wanted to feed himself sometimes wetting his whole chest area. He did not like to wear clothes, as soon as you put on his shirts he would get fussy and just cry and cry. He never liked wearing socks either. When the socks went on he would take them off and hide them.

I soon realized that he had a rattling breathing sound anytime I had him near to me. He also developed a horrid sounding cough, that made his eyes water and a lot of mucus would spew from his little mouth. Then it got to the point where he started wheezing. I had no idea that a child who did not have asthma could wheeze. He started doing it so bad I had to take him to the hospital. They immediately placed him on an oxygen machine and stabilized him. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics and cold and flu medications. I bought them immediately and started working on them. At first, it seemed to work and my son could go for longer periods without a coughing fit. Then he started wheezing again after a few weeks and I had to take him back to the doctor. They took care of him and prescribed more medication and said that when those meds were finished I should fill the prescription again. I did not want to have to feed my child on constant medications that seemed to not be working. 

Feeling frustrated and wondering what to do next I called my mother. She was surprised that he still had a cold and that the medication was not helping. She advised me to take him back to the doctor. She said that maybe he had a chest cold and the medication was not effective enough to clear it off. I told her I am tired of going to the hospital. She said that when she was young her sister had a cold that would not go away, she said that her mother would mix a contraption of garlic and honey mixture and would feed her with a tablespoon full two times a day.

Now I was very skeptical to try this in my two years old but after watching him suffer for so long I figured I would give it a try for a few days. So I stopped giving him the meds prescribed by the doctor and placed honey and garlic into a glass jar and let it sit for a whole day. I used a whole head of garlic beaten and a small bottle of honey that contained 10 tablespoons. 

In the evening before my son went to bed I gave him his juice and then decided to try him with the mixture of honey and garlic, I had to fight it down his throat and asked my older kids to take some and let him see so that he would take it. After about three days I was able to give him in the morning and evening, he started getting used to the taste. After a week I realized that his breathing was not heavy and raspy anymore and he did not wheeze. I continued the regime one tablespoon in the morning and one at night, and after two weeks my son's cold was gone. His nose was not blocked up he was breathing normally and the coughing was gone. I was so relieved to have finally found something that really worked for him.

I am not a doctor nor did I take any medicinal courses, just writing about my personal experiences... Enjoy your day and chin up...

In the evening 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there