Friday, April 9, 2021

DONT WAIT FOR YOUR HEALTH TO DETERIRIATE


Good day my people, I hope all is well and good. 

There is something to be taught from every single aspect of this journey that we call life. I recently met a man on the side of the road who had a big cut on his toe. It was all festered and porous and looked very painful. I was so concerned about the cut on the man's foot I encouraged him to go to the clinic to get it treated. He turned to me and said "awe mi chile, I have been living with this cut for almost nine years and it's not bothering me, I won't bother it. Furthermore, I might not come back out here." I was very curious about his statement and decided to ask him a little more. 

He turned and said to me that he had a friend once who had a similar cut on his toe and it was just like his and was festering and getting rotten and had maggots( I'm sorry, did not mean to upset your feelings) anyway he said the guy who he gave his name as Rick had gone to the clinic and the doctor told him he had diabetes and that is why his cut would not heal. The doctor also told Rick that they would have to remove his foot because diabetes had spread further into his body and if the leg was not amputated he would die soon.

While Rick was scared of living with the big cut on his feet and worried about the disease spreading he did not want to live with just one leg. He thought about it for a few days and then decided to get the leg amputated. Rick was a homeless man so naturally, he lived on the street a few days after getting the leg amputated he was discharged from the hospital and back out on the street. Rick died two weeks later, and while the story absolutely broke my heart I still did not understand the reasoning behind him telling me this story. He looked at me in my confusion and said to me that Rick did not die from complications from the surgery, or from infections or anything of that nature, he simply died because he no longer had his foot. He sat and fretted over his foot and cried and asked God why did he have to lose his foot he stopped eating and socializing and then one day he was taken back to the hospital where he died from heart failure.

Saying all that to say this ...take care of your bodies ....don't wait for your health to deteriorate before you get help. Diabetes is a serious disease that can kill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there