Tuesday, April 13, 2021

How Garlic Helped Me To Get A Restful Sleep

 Good day to you all, Nericia again with another blog post. 

I hope all is well and you all are in great health. I am here writing this blog post to share with you something that happened to me a few weeks ago. I know that I am not the only one to have experienced this and I write this blog in hopes that it will help someone in some way. Now I am not a doctor or did I ever do any form of medicinal study, I am only speaking from my own experiences. I hope you find it helpful.

So a few weeks ago, I was having some trouble getting to sleep, I would lay in bed feeling helpless and tormented watching my three children sleeping. I would get up go to the kitchen for water I would drink and then I would feel like I want to pee and rush to the bathroom. I would then come back to bed and try to fall asleep and sleep would not come. I tried everything I counted sheep and when I reached 100 sheep I felt frustrated that the sleep still would not come. I broke into the habit of eating ice cream before bed because I was told that it has a calming effect when eaten before bed. All that did was added pounds to my already chubby love handles so  I stopped doing that. 


I started excising in the evenings thinking that would make me tired and allow for sleep to better come but to no avail. I started trying to watch movies but all that did was kept me up longer because I always wanted to see how the movie ended. I tried taking some prescription medicine that I got for my kids that said side effects drowsiness and even that did not help. Then the pattern changed. I would fall asleep at 8:30 and sleep a few hours, then as soon as the clock struck 2 am I was up again. 

I was so frustrated so after a few weeks of enduring this, I realized that it was taking an effect on me. I was normally very chirpy in the mornings I now realized I was grumpy and miserable. I no longer had the drive to get out of bed, I started taking long midday naps. The kids started to complain that I did not have time to play with them. I got sad and started moping around. Not getting a good night's sleep does take its toll on you. Then I came across an article that was teaching about the ten benefits of garlic, and how it can change your health. I saw something about aiding with sleep. I decided to give it a try. I first made some tea with it and drank it yuk😝. Then it advised that I beat out a few cloves wrap them in a small cloth and place it under my pillow. So I did and for the first few nights I did not notice any changes, then on the third day, I remember drinking the tea about 6:30 in the evening, I went to bed around 9pm, I actually felt sleepy, I was fast asleep in no time. 




That was the first time in two months I slept right through the night. Im normally awake when the kids get up, this time it's the kids that are waking me up. I feel so refreshed and alive and full of energy now, it's unbelievable that this one ingredient could help me so well. 

Thats all till next time, Have a peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there